Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tattoos!!

Most people that are close to me know that my family means the world to me! They are the reason that I am the person I am today! Well for a while now I have been wanting to get a tattoo that represents my family without getting their names tattooed on me. I have nothing against name tattoos but its just not for me. So I started researching different ideas and i came up with using the flower that represents the month that they were born. Its something that I think will look nice and at the same time mean the world to me. I decided that my dads flower would be first, the daisy. Now the only decision left was to figure out the placement. I thought about it for a while and decided that I would put his daisy over my heart because it is the same place my dad has his defibrillator/pace maker. Well the tattoo came out WAY better than I could have ever expected! Jake (my tattoo artist) did an amazing job and I couldnt be happier!

After the daisy I decided that my husband Chris' flower would be next. His is the carnation which I thought was a perfect fit because the last flowers that he bought me were carnations :) I have 3 more flowers to complete my family collage and I couldnt be more excited to see how it turns out! I have a water lilly for my brother Johnny, a violet for my brother Joey and a narcissus for my mom. I will post pictures over the next couple weeks so you can see the progress :)

3 comments:

  1. They look fabulous lady!! This is Kris from back in the days of Deaux by the way, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea!! That is exactly what im getting, so i googled carnation images and yours popped out. But Im getting my kids flowers and my husbands tattooed on me and i think i'm going to start where your carnation starts since its my 1st sons flower :) i cant wait to see the rest of your flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing. i have a close bond with all 4 of my sisters. so i had their flowers added a few years back. i have a full half sleeve dedicated to them.

    ReplyDelete